Grids and such - Post #5

 Instagram 

I am currently stationed at my boyfriend's apartment while my parents have covid.  Being confined to a two-flat in Chicago has had me thinking much more about grids much more than I typically do. The more that I look around, the more patterns I find!


Corner of the living room area, lots of little posters that make up a grid-esque pattern.

More patterns! Albeit, not symmetrical (I am not Polish but my boyfriend's family emigrated from the mountains of Poland in the 80s). There is a map of Chicago behind the tv, a silver pin is placed where the apartment is!


One of the greatest thing about Chicago is that it is a grid, which makes it so easy to get around!

Courtesy of University of Chicago (x)

View of windows from the couch.

A look outside the window, lots of two-flats but not a lot of parking!


In the Lupton & Phillips reading they state that all patterns follow "some repetitive principle" (187). I wonder what sort of principle the patters we make every day follow. I bet it has something to do with the biases we have about aesthetics or something like that. 


ciao

Sophia

Comments

Popular Posts